Improve your product quality while you save money
All Blodgett Combi ovens are manufactured to the same tough standards as the most respected convection ovens in the world. Fit, finish and features are painstakingly considered before the Blodgett nameplate can be applied. At Blodgett, our goal is to bring you all of the features you need without the bells and whistles you don’t. We combine this with the best technical support for a complete package of products and services. Whichever Blodgett Combi you select, you are guaranteed a quality oven that will improve product quality and increase yield while decreasing your labor and cleaning costs. But don’t just take our word for it, see what our customers have to say.
“When I saw the quality of the food cooked in the Blodgett Combi (grilled cheese without any butter!) and how easy it was to use, money suddenly became the reason I should buy it. I saw how I could save money by eliminating both time and products such as butter, oil, foil, etc. Schools cannot afford to hire gourmet chefs but the Combi oven makes everyone an Emeril overnight – BAMM!”
– JoAnn Ricapito
A Combi Oven is a unique style of convection oven that steams, poaches, roasts, broils, bakes and rethermalizes. You can easily perform every cooking function and maximize results in our high quality Combination-Oven/Steamers. Blodgett Combi ovens combine three great modes of cooking in one oven – steam, hot air, and a combination of both.
three great modes, one great oven
- STEAM MODE – Gentle Pressureless Steam Cooks quickly and safely in closed, insulated cooking chamber. The Combi-Oven/Steamer eliminates dangerous stockpots boiling on the stove. Plus there’s no flavor transfer. The Blodgett Synergy Series Combi features Vario Steam for poaching.
- HOT AIR MODE – Gentle Circulated Hot Air – Provides uniform temperatures throughout the cooking chamber, assuring even browning on baked goods and faster cooking times as moving air speeds heat transfer to food.
- COMBI MODE – Combination of Steam and Hot Air – By combining both the steam and hot air modes, the Combi mode cooks up to 50% faster than convection ovens while maintaining the food’s essential moisture. The Combi mode eliminates the need for basting roasts, reduces shrinkage while giving perfect browning and is ideal for baking hard crusted breads. Combi is perfect for rethermalization (reheat) at 275°F / 135°C.
The benefits of combi cooking
- Cook 30% to 40% faster than conventional convection ovens
- Roasting in Combi mode reduces shrinkage 20% to 30% (and food cost) yielding a juicier product
- Combi roasting increases productivity while preserving quality
- Browning and crispness are achieved in Combi mode or enhanced with the (dry) hot air mode near the end of cooking
- Shellfish cook rapidly in steam mode without washing out flavors or dealing with heavy stockpots
- Hot air mode operates as a normal convection oven for baking cookies, cakes and flaky pastries
- High sugar recipes are less likely to scorch when using Combi mode
- Breads pastries and other yeast-raised products bake up higher and lighter with Combi mode