Yield: Approximately 3 pounds
- 2-1/2 lbs pork butt, diced
- 1/2 lb pork liver, cleaned and diced
- 4 ounces onion, chopped fine
- 2 each garlic cloves, minced
- 5 each parsley sprigs, chopped fine
- 2-1/2 ounces flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 ounce salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- pinch pâté spice
- 1 fluid ounce brandy
- 4 fluid ounces heavy cream
- Fatback, sliced thin as needed
- Ground 1 pound of the pork butt with the pork liver, onion, garlic and parsley through first the medium and then the fine die of a grinder. Grind the remainder of the pork butt through a coarse die.
- Combine the fine and coarse ground meats in a large bowl.
- Working over an ice bath, stir in the remainder of the ingredients, except the fatback, until they are just blended.
- Make a test quenelle to check for seasoning and consistency.
- Use the fatback to line a pâté mold.
Convection Oven – Bake in the water bath at 325°F on low fan to an internal temperature of 150°F.
Hydrovection Oven – No water bath needed. Cook in Hydro mode at 225°F on low fan to an internal temperature of 150°F. Use the detachable core probe.
Combi Oven – No water bath needed. Cook in Combi mode at 225°F on low fan to an internal temperature of 150°F. Use the detachable core probe.