Preheat to: 350°F in the Combi (Hydro) mode
- 1 cup old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Mix together all ingredients for seasoning.
- Season the whole chickens, inside and out. Tie the chicken together and place on wire rack.
- Insert a cold clean core temperature probe into the center of the chicken breast.
- Load the chicken into the preheated oven. Place a sheet pan under the chicken to catch any grease and juices. NOTE: the juices can be used for sauces if desired.
- Close the door, connect the probe wire to the front of the control panel. Set the probe temperature to 185°F. Lower the oven temperature to 280°F. Bake for approximate 45 minutes. The chicken will be golden brown, juicy inside and crispy outside.