Preheat to: 350°F
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pears or plums
- Apple jelly
- In mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and confectioners sugar to light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and salt together. Add to the creamed butter mixture.
- Mix to combine.
- Divide into 2 flat disks. Wrap and refrigerate to 1/2 hour. This makes the dough easier to roll out.
- Roll out 1/4″ thick and put into 8″ or 9″ tart pans.
- In mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar.
- Combine flour, salt and almonds. Set aside.
- Add eggs to creamed mixture one at a time, scraping after each addition. Add in vanilla and almond extract. Add in flour/almond mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared shells. Arrange sliced pears or plums around the the top of the raw tarts.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. The tart will puff and turn golden brown when done. For a little added shine, brush on thinned apple jelly as a glaze when finished. Enjoy!