- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces onion, minced
- 10 each garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pints ketchup
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 8 fluid ounces hoisin sauce
- 8 fluid ounces cider vinegar
- 6 fluid ounces bourbon
- 4 each, cleaned ancho chilies
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds beef brisket
- 10 sandwich sized loaves baguettes
- Mix all ingredients for Bourbon Barbeque Sauce.
- Place brisket in a 2 inch full hotel pan. Add half of the BBQ sauce, reserving the other half.
- Steam the BBQ sauce and brisket for 2 to 2-½ hours in the steamer until fork tender.
- Brush the baguettes with seasoned olive oil and grill on the BBQ until well toasted.
- Let the brisket cool so that it is easier to shred. Place shredded beef in the baguette and serve open-faced.
- Add extra BBQ sauce if desired or save for your favorite steak. Enjoy!