no smoke, no mirrors, it's just magic
Hoodini™ is the ultimate in ventless hood technology. The Hoodini hood filter, designed for the Blodgett Combi, lets you place your oven just about anywhere. The Hoodini removes smoke, odor, and moisture from the oven cavity. Oven fry bacon or roast chickens and breathe easy.
- Ventless hood combines catalytic system with condensing system
- Condenser removes steam exhaust
- Catalyst removes smoke and fumes
- No filters to change
- Integrated hood - no fire suppression required
- Top clearance required = Zero inches!
- Door is not on timed lock (unlike competition)
- Boilerless universal combi oven with touchscreen control
find a model
Our ovens now range form countertop to floor size models!
These Hoodini models consist of a mini countertop boilerless Universal Blodgett Combi oven with the ventless hood.
These Hoodini models consist of a floor model boilerless Universal Blodgett Combi oven with the ventless hood.
How hoodini works
- Main fan starts and pulls cooking vapors out of the oven cavity.
- Heavy particles drop towards the drain. Lighter particles get pulled towards the condenser.
- Vapor gets drawn over the condenser. As it cools, water particles from and drop towards the drain.
- Remaining vapor gets super heated, then passes through the platinum and palladium coated catalytic converter where gases are further reduced to carbon dioxide and water.
- These harmless gases are returned to the oven cavity to start the cycle over again.
hoodini certification testing
Testing, conducted in accordance with EPA Test method 202, was performed June 24-25, 2015 by UL, LLC using raw protein. Results are used to determine compliance with Section 59 of UL710B, the Standard for Recirculating Systems, formerly Section 14 of UL 197, Eighth Edition, Supplement SB, and paragraph 188.8.131.52 of NFPA96, the Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations.
Two tests were performed: Chicken (bone-in, skin-on) and Bacon.Chicken cooking cycle: Quartered roasting chickens (approx 3 lb), two chickens per pan. 5 pans per load. Cooked at 335°F for 35 minutes.
Number of loads during 8-hour continuous test = 15 loads.
Bacon cooking cycle: Thick cut bacon, 10 slices per pan (approx. 0.9 lb) 5 pans per load. Cooked at 335°F for 18 minutes.
Number of loads during 8-hour continuous test = 23 loads.
Ventless Certification Documents
Ventless Certification is unique for each operation and is determined by the local jurisdiction/s having authority (such as health or building safety). To facilitate the documentation process, we have collected the information that might be requested by the state or local inspector. In addition to these documents, be prepared to provide menus to be prepared in the oven and a HVAC analysis that demonstrates adequate cooling.
- BLCT-6E-H submittal package
- BLCT-10E-H submittal package
- BLCT-61E-H submittal package
- BLCT-62E-H submittal package
- BLCT-101E-H submittal package
- BLCT-102E-H submittal package